Men's Basketball Rules
- Each game consists of 2 twenty minute halves and a 5 minute half-time break.
- Each team is allowed 2 time-outs per half. Unused time-outs do not carry over to the second half.
- There will be a running clock, except for the 2 time-outs per team per half.
- The clock will be operated by a scorekeeper or a referee.
- In the event of a tie game, there will be a 2 minute overtime. The clock runs continuously during the first minute and stops in the last minute on whistles and time-outs. Each team is awarded 1 time-out during the overtime period.
- Clock will not stop in the last two (2) minutes if teams are trailing by twenty (20) points or more.
- Time-outs do not carry over from regulation to the overtime period. If, at the end of the overtime period, the score is still tied, the first team to score one (1) point shall be awarded the victory (sudden death).
- A player is disqualified upon committing 5 fouls of any kind (personal or technical).
- Technical fouls will result in two free throws and possession of the ball.
- A player receiving an unsportsmanlike technical foul will be ejected from the game.
- During free throws, players must wait for the ball to leave shooter's hands before entering the lane.
- First possession will be determined by a jump ball. Alternating possession follows thereafter. Each overtime period will begin with a jump ball.
- There are no shot clocks in the CHAMP league.
- Dunking is allowed, but please do not hang on the rim.
- Please contact the CHAMP office if you know in advance your team will be forfeiting a game.
- If a team has below four players, the game is automatically forfeited. If both captains agree, games may still be played by adding players from the opposing team. If more players are needed, other players who are enrolled in the CHAMP Adult Basketball league may play. However, the game is still considered a forfeit. No spectators or non-registered people can play under any circumstance.
- Forfeits will be recorded as a 25-0 loss.
- The primary focus of CHAMP Sports Outreach is to honor and glorify our Lord Jesus. Therefore, any behavior that is not Christ-like will result in
- suspension and/or ejection from a game or the league. If a player is ejected, the team is allowed to replace that player during the game.
- Unsportsmanlike and inappropriate behavior may result in immediate suspension and affect future involvement in any CHAMP program.